none
ICC Color Profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Now, MS Office is evaluating ICC-profiles that are embedded in pictures (e.g. pictures with AdobeRGB are converted when shown on screen or sent to printer). Older Versions did not (before Office2007 I gess). Is there a way to control wether and how Office does this color management? Is there a way to control colormanagement settings of "Windows Galery"?

Thanks for any idea,

Edgar

Friday, November 25, 2011 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Edgar,

Just to circle back on this thread. I did not find anything that would allow office independent control of color profiles or matching from the system. It all appears to rely on the profiles set for the system.

You may want to check in the windows forums around the color matching functionality and color profiles. They may be able to provide better insight in what you are looking for regarding color management with your scenario.

Thank you.

• Marked as answer by iron_ed Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Edgar,

We are working on this problem, and it might take some time before we can provide some suggestions. Please be patient.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:37 AM
  • Hi Edgar,

We are reseraching and will update you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks,

Thanks, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Risa Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:42 PM
  • Hi Edgar,

In my investigation, I did not find anything in Office that is specifically targeting ICC profiles for any particular manipulation. Office should be relying on whatever is setup for color matching for that particular system.

Is there a specific issue repro that you can give me that would demonstrate the problem that you are experiencing? If you can give me detailed steps (with actual results and expected results) that I can replicate here, I can look in to what is happening in that scenario.

Thank you.

Monday, December 12, 2011 11:10 PM
  • Hi Keith,

No there is no specific issue.

I provide a colormanagement tool. This tool comes as a virtual printer doing the whole colormanagement: i.e. converting from Input RGB colorspace (e.g. camera RGB) to output color space (Printer RGB). The customer can just use his favorite application to arrange the pictures taken with his digicam and print to my virtual printer. My virtual printer is doing the color transform and forwards the result to the real printer. This workflow performs as long as the application (that is used for printing) does not do any colormanagement by itself. This is true for many applications except the latest versions of MS office or Windows Galery.

I'm looking for a way to switch off any colormanagement done by applications like Win Galery or the current MS office just to have the same behaviour like those programs ignoring colormanagement completely (older version of MS Office, open office, most of the picture viewers...).

Kind regards

Edgar

test
    • Proposed as answer by Keith El-MSFT Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Keith El-MSFT Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:34 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Hi Edgar,

Just to circle back on this thread. I did not find anything that would allow office independent control of color profiles or matching from the system. It all appears to rely on the profiles set for the system.

You may want to check in the windows forums around the color matching functionality and color profiles. They may be able to provide better insight in what you are looking for regarding color management with your scenario.

Thank you.

• Marked as answer by iron_ed Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:35 PM