[WP 8.1] How to prevent autofocus assist to flash when calling focusAsync() RRS feed

• Question

• I want the Lumia 920 preview feed to continuously autofocus. Since it does not support that via its driver I have to call `focusAsync` myself ever 1000ms (after the previous focus action has finished). However, it seems that the phone also enables the focus assist light all the time.

Can I prevent it from doing that?

• Edited by pkursawe Tuesday, October 13, 2015 10:21 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 9:12 AM

Answers

• Solved it. One need to disable the flash completely: 

controller.flashControl.enabled = false;

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by pkursawe Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hello pkursawe,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools .

I'm not sure the focusAsync here. Maybe it means FocusAsync method? Or the WinRT Focus control FocusAsync | focusAsync method

I think it is better if you can provide us a simple test sample for us to reproduce this issue.

Also please remember to share your Lumia 920 OS version to us.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Solved it. One need to disable the flash completely: 

controller.flashControl.enabled = false;

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by pkursawe Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:12 AM
  • @pkursawe,

Thanks for sharing.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:13 AM
  • @pkursawe,

By the way, do you mind to add the title or clarify your project type? WinRT or Windows Phone Silverlight,etc. It will be clear for other users who meet the same problem.

Best regards,

Barry

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:18 AM