none
Running c++/winrt programs outside of VS2017 IDE

Question

• I've recently started to look at c++/winrt. I've built the default Core App (C++/winrt) template program that comes when c++/winrt is installed using vsix. This compiles OK and runs OK using ctrl f5 from within the IDE. However, when I try to run the program outside of the IDE, I get an error 'VCRUNTIME140_APP.dll was not found'

How do I run a non-console c++/winrt program outside of the VS IDE please? I have c++ knowledge and experience.

Windows 10 10.0.17763

VS 2017 15.9.9

Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>How do I run a non-console c++/winrt program outside of the VS IDE please? 

Best wishes,

Jeanine Zhang
    Friday, March 15, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Thanks for the links. However I've found an easier method to make a c++/winrt app run outside of the IDE on the same machine. This is to use Build/Deploy from the IDE which adds the app to the Start Menu from which it can then be run.

Friday, March 15, 2019 11:13 AM
  • Hello,

>>Thanks for the links. However I've found an easier method to make a c++/winrt app run outside of the IDE on the same machine. This is to use Build/Deploy from the IDE which adds the app to the Start Menu from which it can then be run.

I am glad you have got your solution, please help to mark it as answer and this will be beneficial to other community.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 15, 2019 2:34 PM