Default to Full Module View

Question

•  

Hi,

Can you change VB2005 so you do not see all functions. In VB6 you can turn this off my unchecking "Default to Full Module View" within the options. However I cannot see an equivalent in VB2005.

Thanks

Darren

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:14 PM

Answers

• Darren Gulliver,

The Code Editor in Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 includes the Procedure View option and the Full Module View option. However, the Code Editor in Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition and in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET does not include the Procedure View option.

In the Code Editor in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, the Outlining and Hiding (Collapse) Code feature is most similar to the Procedure View option in Visual Basic 6.0.

Please take a look at the following KB article on the issue:

Procedure View is not available in a Visual Basic 2005 or Visual Basic .NET project

Thanks again for your question.

Friday, August 24, 2007 6:13 AM

All replies

• Darren Gulliver,

The Code Editor in Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 includes the Procedure View option and the Full Module View option. However, the Code Editor in Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition and in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET does not include the Procedure View option.

In the Code Editor in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, the Outlining and Hiding (Collapse) Code feature is most similar to the Procedure View option in Visual Basic 6.0.

Please take a look at the following KB article on the issue:

Procedure View is not available in a Visual Basic 2005 or Visual Basic .NET project

Thanks again for your question.

Friday, August 24, 2007 6:13 AM
  • Thanks Bruno,

Shame I liked the feature to show 1 procedure at a time.

Friday, August 24, 2007 8:53 AM
  • Hi.

I was wondering, is  likely to be included in the next VS Version? I'm moving from VB6 and i find the new IDE too full. Perhaps because of phsycologically being used to working with a single function etc at a time, i tend to feel the new IDE being "complex".

Anyway, i'm still getting used to it but would love to have the old "single module view" back.

I must also say that VS2005 is really an EXCELLENT product, all round. its a joy to work with.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:31 PM