Universal Apps C++ Reference Error

Question

• I was developing an app for Windows Store Apps 8.1 and using a project "Library C++ target Windows Store Apps 8.0" as reference to it.

After "BUILD" event, where Microsoft Universal Apps came, I decided migrate my project. I updated to new development environment and I started to change my project. The part of project that has C# code was updated well, but my reference project that was a "Visual C++ with target Windows 8.0" didn't work.

First Problem: Can I use a project "Visual C++ with target Windows 8.0" as reference of a Universal Apps project ?

Second Problem: If I create a new project and use the new "Library Visual C++ Universal Apps" using it as reference to a Universal Apps, I get the error: "The project could not be added".

The process:

1 - Create a new project Visual C# as Universal Apps.

2 - Create onto the same Solution a new project Visual C++ Universal Apps as Library Static or DLL.

3 - Add the project C++ as reference of the first project

4 - Error "The project could not be added".

Thanks for help!

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 2:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you reference to another project page from the initial project? That's not allowed. You have to set one as the project and another one as the class library. For example:

1.Package your C# project as a Windows runtime component (in Visual Studio: go to File -> New Project, and select Windows Runtime Component under the C# section)

2.Add a reference to the C# project from your C++ project (right click C++ project -> References -> Add New Reference and select your C# project)

3.You should now be able to reference and use the C# project

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 6:47 AM