Daylight saving time problem in Window Embedded CE 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem in using the Day light API in Windows Embedded CE 6.0. I am using the SetDayLightTime API provided with Windows Embedded CE6.0 SDK. When I use this API, I expect the system time to change instead of local time. But the System Time changes instead of Local time. Please suggest me a way to implement this daylight saving time.

I have checked the time applet of Window CE shell. The Day light saving time does not work on it even. Though I change the "Automatically adjust clock for DST" state, I don't see any change in the local time which is shown on the applet window. Instead the system time changes.

Can somebody explain the behaviour of the API and how to use it to implement the DST feature in Windows Embedded applications

Some info.
    1. There is only only AutoDST value in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Clock. I have added HomeDST and tried. But the result is same.
    2. When I broadcase the WM_SETTINGCHANGE message, the system time does not change. But local time also does not change
    3. When I tried to refresh the NTP0: service (automatic DST service (timesvc.dll)) also, the system time does not change but the local time also does not change.

Please let me know how I can implement this Daylight saving time.
    • Changed type warrentang Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:07 AM
    • Changed type warrentang Friday, November 13, 2009 3:07 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 11:36 AM

All replies

• >>When I use this API, I expect the system time to change instead of local time. But the System Time changes instead of Local time. 

It's confusing. Could you clarify it? Does the following page help?

Daylight Saving Time Registry Settings
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee488379.aspx 
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 6:59 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to "Question". If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:07 AM
  • Hello,
    Sorry for the delayed response. I have looked at the link provided previously.

I am sorry again for that confusing statement.

When I use this SetDayLight Setting API, I expect the local time to change instead of system time. The system time should always remain constant at UTC. But the System Time changes instead of Local time.

We could not solve this problem. But tried to resolve this problem by doing some Math on time.

But still could not understand why this is happening. Does it have any hardware dependency. I mean any hardware related to clock needs to be added ? Just asking out of curiosity. I am basically a software guy.

Thanks
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:43 AM