Azure project builds OK on TFS, but doesn't deploy to Azure. No errors shown. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a MVC 4 web application that I want to deploy to a Azure Web Role (cloud service)

I've added a 'Windows Azure Cloud Service' project and the webapp runs fine in my compute emulator. Also the Team Foundation Service (TFS) builds the solution correctly when checkin in the files (continuous delivery). And when I manually deploy the project, the Cloud Service runs OK.

But after TFS correctly builds the solution, TFS never deploys the solution to Azure. There are no errors involved.

I'm using

- Windows Azure SDK - 2.0

- Team Foundation Service (hosted by Microsoft)

- Visual Studio 2012 Update 3

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Richard,

After you check in your Azure project into Version Control, then you need to connect to that team project to Windows Azure in the Windows Azure Portal. See the Connect the project to Windows Azure part of this article for the detailed information.

Also, you need to choose to use the AzureContinuousDeployment.11.xaml build process template. In the Process tab, you can see the deployment environment is set to the name of your cloud service or web site.

For more detailed steps, see the article I provided above: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/publishing-with-tfs

Thanks.

Vicky Song
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Richard D Friday, August 2, 2013 7:06 AM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay.

Appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Cece Dong
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:25 PM
  • Hi Richard,

After you check in your Azure project into Version Control, then you need to connect to that team project to Windows Azure in the Windows Azure Portal. See the Connect the project to Windows Azure part of this article for the detailed information.

Also, you need to choose to use the AzureContinuousDeployment.11.xaml build process template. In the Process tab, you can see the deployment environment is set to the name of your cloud service or web site.

For more detailed steps, see the article I provided above: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/publishing-with-tfs

Thanks.

Vicky Song

• Marked as answer by Richard D Friday, August 2, 2013 7:06 AM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 2:04 AM
  • Thanks Vicky,

That solved my problem :-) It deploys just fine now.

Richard.

Friday, August 2, 2013 7:09 AM