none
Backstage and Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to have the Backstage view (menu options) displayed automatically when Word is launched.  For example, currently it defaults to the Home Tab and the users have to click on File to display the menu.  It would be good to display this menu automatically when word is initially launched.  I can see its possible to activate other tabs in the ribbon using ActivateTab(string) both cannot find anything that displays the backstage menu.

Is this possible?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:12 PM

Answers

• Probably by using SendKeys. ActivateTab doesn't work when Word is launched: the Ribbon isn't available yet to process ActivateTab. So I think SendKeys would be your only possibility (emulate the user pressing Alt, F).
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by AnnaMossity Friday, June 17, 2011 7:28 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:28 PM

All replies

• Probably by using SendKeys. ActivateTab doesn't work when Word is launched: the Ribbon isn't available yet to process ActivateTab. So I think SendKeys would be your only possibility (emulate the user pressing Alt, F).
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by AnnaMossity Friday, June 17, 2011 7:28 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Thanks Cindy.

I had started going down the SendKeys path and it didnt work but realised on getting back into the office this morning I needed to use the sendkeys.sendwait rather than sendkeys.send

All works.

Many thanks for your help.

Anna

Anna
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:28 AM