none
How to programmatically enable the QoS Packet Scheduler in Windows Server 2003? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Windows Server 2003, the QoS Packet Scheduler component for traffic control is disabled by default. I need to enable it from a script or program for the network adapters in order to be able to use the TC API ( I can manually enable/disable it like this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782652(v=ws.10).aspx  ).

I found all kind of registry related settings created when I manually enable the QoS Packet Scheduler, but  there seem to be too many keys and links created to be able to correctly create those from scratch from my program (seems that one of the main related keys would be [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\MS_PSCHEDMP\0002], so it might be easier to disable it this way).

Please let me know if there is a particular WMI or other API (.NET, C++, Java) that I could use on Windows Server 2003 to enable this driver. I could not find yet a WMI class property for this particular setting for older Windows server versions.

Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:33 PM