Crash reports not showing up; what am I doing wrong? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying for the past two weeks to get Windows Error Reporting working right for my app, but have not had much luck.  I've uploaded the mapping information and have been crashing the program under Windows Vista.  Below is what wercon tells me about the crash. I note that the crash report doesn't include a minidump.  So far, I haven't seen a single crash show up in Winqual when I log in.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  My Winqual username is "stutzbach" and my company name is "Stutzbach Enterprises, LLC".  Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Description
    Stopped working

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:     CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01:   pokernotes.exe
    Problem Signature 02:   0.0.0.189
    Problem Signature 03:   47c6f651
    Problem Signature 04:   PokerNotes
    Problem Signature 05:   0.0.0.189
    Problem Signature 06:   47c6f651
    Problem Signature 07:   5f
    Problem Signature 08:   32
    Problem Signature 09:   System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version:     6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID:      1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID:      183190378
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:14 PM forum consolidation (From:Windows Error Reporting for ISVs)
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:18 PM

Answers

• Daniel,

Looking at that BucketID (183190378: Generic), I see that it has had 7 crashes over the last few days, so you are doing all those bits right.  However, looking at your file mappings, I don't see pokernotes.exe 0.0.0.189 as one you mapped, so my system doesn't know that you "own" it.  I see several other versions, and several files from build189, so I know we're in the right place.  The page I'm looking at in the system is System\Manage Mappings\Manage File Mappings.  From there, it just looks like you missed a file or two when you ran the mapping tool.  If you rerun and upload, you should be good.

If you have any questions, problems, or ideas, please let us know at wer AT microsoft DOT com and we'll dial in and take a look.

B

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:55 PM

All replies

• Daniel,

Looking at that BucketID (183190378: Generic), I see that it has had 7 crashes over the last few days, so you are doing all those bits right.  However, looking at your file mappings, I don't see pokernotes.exe 0.0.0.189 as one you mapped, so my system doesn't know that you "own" it.  I see several other versions, and several files from build189, so I know we're in the right place.  The page I'm looking at in the system is System\Manage Mappings\Manage File Mappings.  From there, it just looks like you missed a file or two when you ran the mapping tool.  If you rerun and upload, you should be good.

If you have any questions, problems, or ideas, please let us know at wer AT microsoft DOT com and we'll dial in and take a look.

B

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Actually, the mapping is the way I intend it, but the version in the executable isn't.  I tried a couple of other permutations yesterday, but still no luck.

What can you tell me about Build ID 187312424 and Build ID 187283836?
    Friday, March 7, 2008 6:27 AM
  • First one has 3 hits as of data-processing through the 5th.  Second one has 1.

Sorry it took until today to get back to you.  We had some access issues on Friday.

For more specific details, go ahead and ping us direct.  Don't feel comfortable sharing too much potentially-proprietary information in a public forum.

b

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:31 PM