How to Package many MSIs into one installer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have three MSIs and I want to create one MSI from it so that when user click hat one msi it installs three software in one shot.

Regards
    Rajaniesh

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 10:48 PM

Answers

• I am trying to add three software's published by Microsoft into one MSI setup:

So I need to add the MSI files into files system or I need to search the target exe files called by MSI into it. Can you please clarify?

Regards
    Rajaniesh

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajaniesh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the MSI setup development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS installation issues, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:10 AM
  • Hi Rajaniesh,

If you use Setup project in the VS, you just need to add all of your exes to the "Application Folder" like:

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:25 AM
  • I am trying to add three software's published by Microsoft into one MSI setup:

So I need to add the MSI files into files system or I need to search the target exe files called by MSI into it. Can you please clarify?

Regards
    Rajaniesh

Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

What do you mean about "search the target exe files called by MSI into it"?

I'm not sure what do you want to do now, just bind the three exes to one package? Or some another purpose?

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 2, 2018 6:54 AM
  • I need to find the exe called by MSI and that was my question
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:35 PM