xaml designer issue

Question

• Have just installed Windows 8 Enterprise 90 days Trial 64 bit on my pc and Visual Studio professional 2012 Trial

Have created a blank C# Application,

XAML Designer not working.

the designer page is showing the below message.

I have created two user accounts on the same system(by mistake)

Can u please help regarding this issue.

Quick help will be appreciated.I had wasted lot of time on this issue till now.

System.Exception

Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF3)

at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateDesignerProcess(String applicationPath, String clientPort, Uri hostUri, IDictionary environmentVariables, Int32& processId, Object& processData)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain..ctor(ProcessDomainFactory factory, IIsolationBoundary boundary, AppDomainSetup appDomainInfo, FrameworkName targetFramework, String identifier, String baseDirectory)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)   at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize()   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedExportProvider.Initialize()   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExpressionHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateExportProvider(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, ICatalogFactory catalogFactory, IExportFilter filter)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken)   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClassa`1.<StartTask>b__6()   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:53 AM

Answers

• Hi suryasyamala,

Can you check if you can install an App from the Store or F5 a Windows Store App ?. Also can send the event log information after you get this error to harikm at microsoft dot com?. The error log can be found here in the EventViewer Applications and Service \ Microsoft \ Windows \ AppxDeployment - Server. 

Dev@Mic

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi suryasyamala,

Can you check if you can install an App from the Store or F5 a Windows Store App ?. Also can send the event log information after you get this error to harikm at microsoft dot com?. The error log can be found here in the EventViewer Applications and Service \ Microsoft \ Windows \ AppxDeployment - Server. 

Dev@Mic

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Hi Harikrishna,

Thank u so much .I logged into the store with my Hotmail account and the updates were installed. The issue was resolved. Now  I am able to get my XAML designer view.

syamala.

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:03 AM