none
Joints informations from Gesture Builder Database RRS feed

• Question

• Is possible extract joint's coordinate x,y,z from a gbd/gba file?
    The purpose is to create a software that open gesture.gba file and "animate" some kind of puppet.
    Thanks
    Monday, January 26, 2015 11:42 AM

All replies

• Since your application will already have the tracking ID for the users you are tracking for gestures, then you already have the joints for that same person. Just process the Joints/JointOrientation collection on the body object for the tracked user.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, January 26, 2015 7:42 PM
  • But i already used Kinect Studio and Gesture Builder to track the gesture before; if i have to use joints of the body object is like do the same job 2 times, one for recognize the gesture (from gba) and one for send every realtime-tracked joints to the puppet.

If i can get raw data joint from gba, i can create a software who read every kind of gba gesture and automaticaly convert them in puppet movement.

let's say I want collect like 100 gesture; then convert all of them in puppet movement action and then use kinect v2 like "if you recognize this gesture then play this action".

Your solution is more "If you recognize this gesture then send all joints in real time to the puppet" and this would be too "computationally expensive".

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:29 AM