Setup hangs after asking for Live email.

Question

• I'm actually having this problem with two separate computers. One is a desktop dual-booting (on a separate HDD) with Windows 7 Pro x86. The second is a laptop, also duel-booting (same HDD, different partition) with Windows 7 x64.

I'm trying to install 64-bit Developer tools, the setup goes fine until it asks for a Live account, after clicking submit the setup goes to a green page with a spinning cursor and stays there. Once I managed to get past this step on the desktop and sign-in, the problem then became that any Metro apps that used the Internet would fail to work. I've tried doing an offline account, and once I get to Windows I have the same problem.

I tried doing a refresh on the desktop and it worked once, after restart it went back to Metro apps (that connect to the internet) failing to work. While it was working I managed to download Firefox to verify internet connectivity. Subsequent refreshes and reinstall have had no effect.

I have tried re-downloading the ISO, and re-burning the disk, but nothing has changed.

It's also worth noting that I have previously had a fully-working copy of Developer Preview x64 (Without the developer tools) running on the desktop back in September.

Monday, December 19, 2011 8:19 PM

All replies