Some interfaces for TSF not supported in Metro style apps, Where can I find the alternatives?

Question

• Hi, I will develop a input method for Metro style apps, but I find some interfaces for TSF are not supported any more. Such as below:

ITfTextInputProcessor,ITfThreadMgrEventSink,ITfTextLayoutSink ...

They are very important for TSF. Where can I find the alternatives? How to develop a input method for Metro style apps without them?

Thanks!

Monday, July 16, 2012 8:21 AM

Answers

• I mentioned in this post that the documentation on this topic is not yet complete. I've inquired to see if I can get any insight or details prior to the completed documentation being released.

David Lamb

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:59 AM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 10:14 PM

All replies

• I mentioned in this post that the documentation on this topic is not yet complete. I've inquired to see if I can get any insight or details prior to the completed documentation being released.

David Lamb

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:59 AM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 10:14 PM
  • Follow up: An IME that will work with Metro style apps in Win8 is not itself a Metro style app and not restricted to the subset of APIs available to Metro style apps. An IME can use APIs available to classic desktop apps.

David Lamb

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:52 PM
  • Thanks for your answer. I have developed a TSF IME for Win8. It works fine in desktop apps, but when I switch to Metro Style apps,  the IME can not work. What can I do make the IME work fine in Metro Style apps?
    • Edited by saintbird Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:49 AM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:47 AM
  • The details that have been released to date are here, however, there is not enough detail yet to make an IME functional within Metro style apps. Contact me with the high level description of your IME solution (what scenario your IME is targeting) please. DavidLam at Microsoft dot com.

David Lamb

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:37 PM