EdgeGesture touch location

Question

• I have a horizontally oriented app with three main windows side-by-side with a scrollviewer to move from one window to the other.  Each window has its own drop-down panel in which a right-button click will bring down that window's panel from the top edge of the screen.  

But when moving to touch, I need to use edgegesture to bring down the panel.  The problem is that I can't find a way to determine which window the edgegesture occurred in.  Is there a way to find the location of the edgegesture or is there a better way to open the panel in touch mode?

SAP

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:12 PM

Answers

• Not directly. Edge gestures trigger for the whole edge, not partial.

You could try combining the EdgeGesture with pointer message handling to see where the user touched.

--Rob

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:30 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Not directly. Edge gestures trigger for the whole edge, not partial.

You could try combining the EdgeGesture with pointer message handling to see where the user touched.

--Rob

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:30 PM
    Owner
  • OK, I was able to get this to work using EdgeGestures and Pointer events.  EdgeGesture (touch) results in the following sequence: GestureStarting, GestureCompleted, PointerMoved.  I set a global flag in GestureCompleted and checked the flag in whichever window's PointerMoved was called.  It works but it's kind of a hack.

SAP

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:27 PM