none
The specified module could not be found (0x8007007E) in UWP application. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have SDK (C++ DLL and LIB) to integrate into my UWP app. I have been suggested to create a C++/CX wrapper and use this dll. I have created a wrapper class in C++/CX to call methods.

Inside C++/CX I have included .lib file and header files of SDK. I have added the lib reference in project property -> Linker-> Input->Additional Dependencies.

I also added the dll and dependency dll's to main UWP project.

Its working fine into our system which having latest windows 10 version(Windows 10 pro 1809).

But not working in devices which having below configuration-

Edition- Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Version-  Window 10 1607

Please suggest.

sandeep chauhan

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What do you mean about "But not working in devices which having below configuration"? When you tried to add dll and lib, you can't add them successfully or you can add them successfully, but can't call them? In addition, what's the min version of your c++ dll? 

Best Regards,
    Fay

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:04 AM
  • Hi Fay

Thanks for reply!

Yes, we can add them successfully. Build is also installed into devices but It gives error "The specified module could not be found (0x8007007E)" when we call method of C++ Dll.

We are not sure for min version of the C++ dll. we will try to get this information from the vendor of this DLL.

sandeep chauhan

Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

So when you tested on Windows 10 pro 1809, you can call the methos of C++ dll successfully? If you tested it on another machine(e.g. Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSB or Windows 10 pro 1607), will the same issue occur?

Best Regards,

Fay

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, March 20, 2020 3:18 AM