none
SSRS report connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I have seen that it is possible to map an SSRS datasource to Azure SQL database based on SQL authentication.

Is it possible to provide the connection based on AD authentication rather than SQL authentication only?

Note: We have enabled AD authentication in Azure server and able to connect via the same account and AD authentication through SSMS.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:25 AM

Answers

• Hello Nandan,

You will need to install the Active Directory Authentication Library for Microsoft SQL Server.
    This usually comes along with SSDT if it is already installed on the machine.

You can get the 64 bit version from here.

Please uninstall and re install if you already have it.

_

If the above answer was helpful, please click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hello Nandan,

You will need to install the Active Directory Authentication Library for Microsoft SQL Server.
    This usually comes along with SSDT if it is already installed on the machine.

You can get the 64 bit version from here.

Please uninstall and re install if you already have it.

_

If the above answer was helpful, please click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:31 AM
  • Hello Kalyan,

Thank you for your reply.

So if I install and update the SSDT,then in database username and password,I would be able to add the AD account rather than SQl account correct?

Or do we need to have additional settings done>

Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hello Nandan,

Yes, you should be able to connect.

Please let us know if you still face any issues.

_

Monday, May 27, 2019 9:56 AM