Issue while forcing the Mobile Broadband device to reregister to the network after provisioning completes

Question

• Hi

We have Windows Store Mobile Broadband App for Mobile operator­­ for Windows 8.

Problem Statement: We have a unregistered SIM and inserted into our Windows 8 Device slot, Now SIM gets registered from backend by Mobile Network Operator. In that condition after registration the SIM its showing “No Service” as earlier under the Windows Connection Manager (WCM). SIM is not showing in active state under the WCM after registration done from the backend, to achieve this we have to reboot the OS or re-insert the SIM.

So that I got a article 3.6.7 Forcing the Mobile Broadband device to reregister/reconnect to the network after provisioning completes in document “providing-mobile-broadband-metadata”

I tried to implement Activation Method <RegisterToNetwork> using given schema under section 3.6.7  and created the CarrierProvisioning schema and load the ProvisioningSchema using  ProvisionFromXmlDocumentAsync() method, I am able to load successfully this schema.

After setting the schema I have registered the SIM from backend and see the event viewer log as below for every try RegisterToNetwork

Level: Information

Source: Microsoft-Windows-NetworkProvisioning

Event ID: 5000

Task Category: Activation Task

Log: Activation method Reconnect to network has finished

[Details]

ICarrier Id: {DF2B1D20-9F0B-486F-9981-C2A0714B16C6}

Subscriber Id: 204043740247792

Params: ReconnectToNetwork

FirstAttemptWasFailedReregistration

Result: The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

------------------------------------

Level: Error

Event ID: 5004

Log: Interface {180B714A-9D77-4527-BE30-8B67672FAEDA} is not registered to the home network; aborting connection attempt (register state = Searching)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level: Information

Event ID: 5001

Log: Activation method Reconnect to network has finished

[Details]

ICarrier Id: {DF2B1D20-9F0B-486F-9981-C2A0714B16C6}

Subscriber Id: 204043740247792

Params: ReconnectToNetwork

FirstAttemptWasFailedReregistration

Result: The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

In above log we are seeing the error message “Interface {180B714A-9D77-4527-BE30-8B67672FAEDA} is not registered to the home network; aborting connection attempt (register state = Searching)”

Please help me why this error generates and am I going right direction to resolve my problem?

Regards

Ravi Shankar

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Ravi,

The Tailoring your Windows Store app for hardware and devices is a better forum for questions about writing Mobile Broadband apps.

--Rob

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:33 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ravi,

Sorry about the delayed update - I have not been able to find a great deal of information on this issue and I'm limited in what I can do for you via the forums. Can you please open a support ticket so that I can take further and engage all my resources?

To open a support ticket, go to http://getsupport.microsoft.com, select "Technical support for Windows Store app development" as the problem type, select "Devices and sensors" as category and then click on "Start Request" below. This may prompt you to log on using your Microsoft account and then provide you with an option to use to Store account as a payment method.

Thanks,

Ashish

Ashish Sahu [MSFT]

Friday, March 8, 2013 4:25 PM