none
How to copy whole image with folder structure from one emulator to another in WM 6.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi: I have created an WM 6.1 application in VS2008. I deployed it on my 6.1 Professional Emulator. I saved the last state. Now I have a tablet where I installed Standalone Emulator 6.1 Image. Its working fine. Now how can I be able to run the previous application on this tablet. I copied the app.dess file from my PC and run it from the command line on the tablet. I was able to run it. But I see that it did not copy all the folder structure that was on my PC's emulator. How can I do it? I dont want to copy the folder files manually. I want to run the previous app.dess file and it should copy everything on the new tablet. Is there any other way.  
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

AFAIK, .dess can only maintain only the app state and may not be possible to hold the folders with .dess.

Probably create simple cab file which places your folder structure and .dess file in appropriate folders.

-Malleswar

Friday, July 25, 2014 1:03 AM
  • Sorry, I was away for few days. On a fresh tablet(windows 8), I just installed Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 standalone version. It is not allowing me to synchronize with the Emulator 6.1. I can't copy and unzip the CAB file or even I can't share a tablet folder from the emulator. Is it because of Standalone version of windows mobile 6.1? I also installed the Windows mobile device centre but did not help. How will I be able to synchronize an emulator from this fresh tablet? The standalone version of windows mobile 6.1 allows me to run my application on the emulator. But I need to copy some files(Say database file) from my tablet's C: folder into the emulator. 

Thanks
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:25 PM