Multiple Errors After Adding a Blank XAML Page to my Blank App RRS feed

• Question

• I can't debug my project because there are no identifiers, etc.  for my XAML Page.  I don't know what to add to the Project so it runs.
    Friday, November 13, 2015 11:53 PM

Answers

• @TheRedGuy1990,

I think this is your Visual Studio problem. Does the repair finally succeed without reporting any error?

Try here to collect which component failed to load https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241272.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Run devenv /log will create a Activity.xml log under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Version\ActivityLog.xml

It contains the error info about why your Visual Studio failed when loading that page. We need to check for it.

In my mind, maybe you need to reinstall Visual Studio.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:51 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:47 AM

All replies

• What errors are you getting?  
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:31 PM
  • Hello TheRedGuy1990,

Sounds like your Visual Studio have problem. When you open your projects, can you see Visual Studio restore something for you? Does "no identifiers" means Visual Studio does not know some namespace, like system namespace?

If you have any problem when using Visual Studio, I will recommend you repair Visual Studio first.

If that does not help, maybe we need to know the error you get.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, November 16, 2015 3:22 AM
  • 1) Identifier expected

2) "App" does not contain a definition for "Initialize Component"

3) Invalid Class Name "BlankPage1.xaml"

To name a few...

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:50 AM
  • @TheRedGuy1990,

Well, not good. An app should have "Initialize Component". Try the following:

1. Create a new UWP app.

2. Add a new blank page to this app.

If you can do it without problem. Just leave your old project.

If you cannot use any new UWP project to add pages. Please try repair Visual Studio and also Windows 10 SDK:

If the above does not work, try navigate to your %temp% folder(type it in File Explorer), check the log created time and find out the Windows 10 SDK installation log. I think the log contains some info we need to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards,

Barry

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:07 AM
  • I am repairing VS.

It's been repairing for about 5 hours.......

Sunday, November 22, 2015 12:57 AM
  • Uh now 8 hours.

Is it supposed to take this long

Sunday, November 22, 2015 4:22 AM
  • I opened a new Universal Windows 8.1 App and added an XAML Page, the same errors show up.
    Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:55 PM
  • namespace 
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// An empty page that can be used on its own or navigated to within a Frame.
        /// </summary>
        public sealed partial class BlankPage1 : Page
        {
            public BlankPage1()
            {
                this.InitializeComponent();
            }
        }
    }

This is the code that shows up in the XAML .cs page.  There is an error with "this.InitializeComponent();"

"Does not contain a method for 'InitializeComponent'"

Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:58 PM
  • @TheRedGuy1990,

I think this is your Visual Studio problem. Does the repair finally succeed without reporting any error?

Try here to collect which component failed to load https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241272.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Run devenv /log will create a Activity.xml log under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Version\ActivityLog.xml

It contains the error info about why your Visual Studio failed when loading that page. We need to check for it.

In my mind, maybe you need to reinstall Visual Studio.

Best regards,

Barry

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:51 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:47 AM