none
How can I select the sound card with combobox component to use when playing an mp3 RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 sound cards on my PC. How can I select the sound card with combobox component to use when playing an mp3 audio in windows media player. I'm using VB.NET 2010 & Windows 7,Sorry my english is ugly and bad,thanks

Example:

Select sound :      combobox1    selectsoundboard.button

File Location : c:\song                Playbutton      Stop Button

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Kintan Mnarki,

I have never made such a software as you want, but I suppose it would require these two steps.
    (1) get sound card information (and add them in a ComboBox).
    (2) make a selected device (from the ComboBox) a Play Device using Direct Sound. 

(1) would not be hard, but I have no idea about (2).

Are you sure to implement these features?

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Friday, December 22, 2017 7:40 AM
  • please give me sourcecode sir?
    Sunday, December 24, 2017 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

This thread might help you.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/23684082/Select-sound-card-to-play-audio-with-VB-NET.html

Thanks,

Roshan - 7th Grade Student (Age 11) - Learning Small Basic, Visual Basic and C#

Sunday, December 24, 2017 8:09 AM
  • i've seen but i do not understand c# language sir, I'm using VB.NET 2010 & Windows 7,

please help me,

Sunday, December 24, 2017 11:16 AM
  • please help me,please give me sourcecode sir?

Example:

Sunday, December 24, 2017 11:17 AM
  • i've seen but i do not understand c# language sir, I'm using VB.NET 2010 & Windows 7,

please help me,

Sunday, December 24, 2017 11:18 AM
  •  As far as i am aware,  i have only ever seen two ways to do this and neither one will allow you to do it with anything but (.wav) type files.  One is using DirectSound and the other is using the mciSendCommand api functions.  You might be able to decompress the mp3 files at runtime and use one of the above methods but,  i never tried decompressing one and playing it so,  i can't say if it will work or not.  That is up to you to try if you want.

Also,  quit asking us to give you the source code.  We are here to help you with problems you have with code you have written and shown to us,  or help point you in the right direction if there is one.  We are not here to write whatever code you want whenever you want it.  You can use google just as well as the rest of us.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Sunday, December 24, 2017 8:52 PM