none
Visual Studio is hanging when opening solution with a usql project

Question

• This is something I've noticed in the past couple of days and it's hard to get around.

I recently upgraded to version 2.0.5000.0 of the Data Lake tools in both VS 2013 and VS 2015.

Now, sometimes VS crashes (in both VS versions) when canceling or refreshing jobs.

Once it has crashed, it is hit or miss when trying to reopen the same usql project again.

Most of the time, VS hangs when opening the files. Sometimes there is a dialog that tells you where the crash information was for the last crash. Other times that dialog doesn't pop up. Either way, VS just sits there. Anytime you try to interact with VS you get that "Visual Studio is busy" dialog from the taskbar.  

Sometimes killing VS 2013 and re-openeing the usql project will let you get back to work.

In VS 2015, it doesn't look like killing VS helps at all. I've killed, restarted and tried to open the project numerous times and the same behavior happens. it hangs and i can't do anything. Just the "Visual studio is busy" nonsense.

Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:54 AM

Answers

All replies