none
UMDF call SetVolumeMountPoint() failed when UAC on RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone who can help for this questions . can UMDF driver to call SetVolumeMountPoint() function with UAC on ?

I got access denied results with UAC on , but pass results with UAC off .

I have to set registry to turn UAC off , other wise the function SetVolumeMountPoint() will be failed with access denied

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

Friday, November 9, 2018 7:11 AM

Answers

• We did not intend for this api to be used in umdf. What bigger problem are you trying to solve?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 9, 2018 11:35 AM

All replies

• We did not intend for this api to be used in umdf. What bigger problem are you trying to solve?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 9, 2018 11:35 AM
  • Hi Doron Holan ,

I am working one a flash tools and developer by both UWP and UMDF driver.

I like to mount EFI partition and copy firmware bin file from UMDF , but it's not works .

do you have any idea for this ? UMDF driver no permission to mount EFI partition and copy firmware bin file,but UAC off by registry.

Jay

• Edited by Jay1516 Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:34 AM