InfoPath 2007 Forms Extracting Data From SharePoint Rich Text List - Into a Rich Text Box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to work out a way to get a lot of text into a InfoPath form for editing, processing and finally printing using Rich Text boxes. The problem is the data for the fields is not consistent and a document can be up to 11 to 12 pages long.

If it was just 1 page I would use single lines of text in a column in SharePoint and do a lookup to get the data required. Because of the amount of data I have chosen to go with Rich Text in SharePoint. I have worked out how to look up the data but now I have the problem with the Data containing ether <dir></dir> and other controls relating to the Rich Text data instead of the format the data was created in.

One of the reasons I chose Rich Text is because it has line brakes and the document requires many paragraphs which if done by my conventional method could take me half a year to do.

So if anyone knows of any simple or easy solution I would like to hear it. If its a bit difficult or complicated I'm willing to give it a try as long as it can be reproduced easily when using the form.

Kind Regards, Justin Nash
    • Moved by Clayton Cobb Saturday, July 2, 2011 3:44 AM 2007 question (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using SharePoint Designer, Infopath, and other customization)
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:41 AM

All replies

• I have a posible solution using code to do a find and replace on the text extracted form sharepoint.

Does anyone know of the conversion form HTML Tags to the InfoPath Tags?

Friday, July 1, 2011 1:11 AM
  • This is the 2010 forum - are you asking a 2007 question?

InfoPath data connections do not retain rich text formatting when pulling into the form and placing into a rich text field, and I haven't found a workaround.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Friday, July 1, 2011 3:21 AM
  • Hi Clayton,

I am developing the form using InfoPath 2010 using compatibility mode for 2007. The end Form will be a 2007 InfoPath form. The SharePoint site is MOSS and I have picked out the data form the list using query.

There is code in the background converting or removing Html Tags to Xml Tags. The main problem I am having at the moment is to ID all the Html and Xml tags associated to a Rich Text box.

Friday, July 1, 2011 7:38 AM
  • Ok, so it's completely a 2007 question...moving now.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 3:44 AM
  • Hi,

I am facing the same issue was anyone able to resolve this ?

shaiju
    Monday, August 29, 2011 12:11 PM