Export to Excel in InfoPath does not hold format RRS feed

• Question

• I've InfoPath 2010 form which is browser enabled. It has some combo boxes with values as R, G, and A. A rule is written on this combo box such that when user selects a value, the background color of the control changes to Red, Green, and Amber respectively.

This form resides in Forms library. I download a submitted form to local drive. Open this form in InfoPath filler (or designer). Go to Export to Excel option. The exported excel (Excel 2010) shows only the data but not the color formatting which I had applied.

Now, when I export the InfoPath to PDF, the layout and format including color are maintained intact.

Is there a way to get the format and layout of the form into Excel as it happens in PDF?

Thanks!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

You can export the data in Microsoft Office InfoPath forms to Microsoft Office Excel. This allows you to analyze and work with the data you have collected in forms. 

So in my opinion, this way is used to work with the data, instead of show the data as PDF.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath-help/export-a-form-to-excel-HP001096819.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Mohamed Derhalli Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Suresh C Friday, May 6, 2011 4:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:26 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

I have a layout table in infopath form, where I have put text box controls for user to fill out. Let say this layout table has 10 rows and 12 columns and each cell is a text box. When I export this form to Excel, it exports all the data in a single row instead of creating layout table as it is in Infopath. Is there any way to export data with structure in infopath to Excel ?

Dhaval Raval
    Friday, May 6, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Dhaval,

You cannot bring the layout to Excel. If you have to bring the layout, perhaps, you have to use either Excel Interop DLL or OpenXML to create the excel with layout. But, yes, that's lot of programming.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:40 AM