Can we put a port on the CDN? RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to set-up a static website using the Azure CDN but we would like to put a port on its access like `my-website.azureedge.net:8080`. I tried configuring the "Origin port" on the Origin section but it did not satisfy on what I want to achieve. Is it even possible?
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:32 PM

All replies

• Azure CDN will use the defaults ports for clients accessing the CDN endpoint, and this cannot be customized. The Origin port can customize which port the CDN will use to request from the Origin.

Please enter a feature request to our UserVoice if this is a critical feature for you.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:57 PM
  • Ok, I already did: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback/suggestions/32274502-custom-cdn-port
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:09 AM
  • Let us say, I have a custom domain for my CDN, is it still not possible to set a port there? Like example.com:8080 for my my-website.azureedge.net is it still not possible?
    • Edited by Dean-Armada Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:22 AM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Since DNS only supports IP mapping, this isn't possible even with a custom domain. Your only option today is to put a reverse proxy in front of the CDN endpoint to map the alternate port.

We will look into supporting this feature in CDN in the future.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:27 AM
  • So another layer huh.. Ok thanks!
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:59 AM