none
How to configure FTPD in Compact 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

i use a sbc with windows embedded compact 7.

there are the known parameters in registry (see below)

00 "IsEnabled"=dword:0 \
    01 "BaseDir"=string:\Windows \
    02 "DefaultDir"=string:\ \
    03 "AllowAnonymousVroots"=dword:0 \
    04 "AllowAnonymousUpload"=dword:0 \
    05 "AllowAnonymous"=dword:0 \
    06 "UserList"=string:User1 \
    07 "UseAuthentication"=dword:0 \
    08 "IdleTimeout"=dword:300 \
    09 "DebugOutputChannels"=dword:2 \
    10 "DebugOutputMask"=dword:23 \
    11 "LogSize"=dword:4096 \

a user/password combination is allready created  and his Username was put in the UserList of \comm\ftpd, see above.

now if UseAuthentication is set to 1(true), service ftp0, has been restarted. User should log into ftp server with correct logindata (user/password combination, which was formerly set)

if UseAuthentication is set to 0(false), service restartet again. the server should accept the Username from the Userlist, but he should not check the password for correctness. What he still does. He don't let me log in with something else, as the correct combination of user/password. 

For what is the UseAuthentication parameter? 

In windows ce 4.2 FTP you could disable the checking for correctness of users password, with this flag.

You still got asked for the usernames password, but just typing one single character, was enough for acceptance.

so what do i wrong, that i permanently have to type the correct userdata if UseAuthentication is disabled?

regards,

Ralf

Friday, April 22, 2016 9:45 AM

Answers

• sorry for the late answer. :-/ 

i thought i get an mail, if there is any response. didn't got one. so i see your answer just now, two years later.

thank you. i found  a solution with an older ftp.dll 

cheers,

Ralf

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Ralf,

I believe the source code is available to you for this feature if you are the OEM.  Please review https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee500827(v=winembedded.70).aspx and specifically

Sample application code is available at %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Servers\Sdk\Samples\Ftpd.

Source code for this feature is available at %_WINCEROOT%\public\servers\sdk\samples\ftpd

If you are not the OEM, you should reach out to the manufacturer of your device for these files.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:39 PM
  • sorry for the late answer. :-/ 

i thought i get an mail, if there is any response. didn't got one. so i see your answer just now, two years later.

thank you. i found  a solution with an older ftp.dll 

cheers,

Ralf

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:22 PM