none
'Completed' checkmark in Project Web App RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to configure Project Server 2013. We would like a check mark to show up beside completed tasks within the PWA. This happens automatically in the desktop version, but we're just spinning our wheels trying to get this on the PWA. The visual aid really helps our exec-level managers.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi marty_beets,

What you could do would be to create a custom field associated to a formula like (if %complete=100, 1, 0).

Then select "use a formula" for summary rows.

Then you could display a graphical indicator.

Finally add this field to a project view (existing or new one).

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:55 PM
  • You can create one Custom field in task level in which you can write formula and assign Indicator as per formula . Once task % complete would be 100% it will show in indicator in specific color.

You need to modify the formula as per need.

i.e.

IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"Status Date Not Set",IIf([Summary]=Yes,0,IIf([% Complete]=100,0,IIf(([Finish]<=[Status Date] And [% Complete]<100),"Task should have completed",IIf(([Start]<=[Status Date] And [% Complete]=0),"Task should have started",IIf(([Finish]>[Status Date] And [% Complete]>0),"Task in progress",IIf([Start]>[Status Date],0,0)))))))

The graphical indicators are set where test equals:

Status Date Not Set = Question Mark

Task in progress = Green Ball

Task should have started = Blue Ball

Task should have completed = Red Ball

Link will guide you how to create formula based custom field with indicator.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tech-decision-maker/add-the-late-indicator-tool-in-microsoft-project-2007/3616/#

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee767700(v=office.14).aspx

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by marty_beets Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:22 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi marty_beets,

What you could do would be to create a custom field associated to a formula like (if %complete=100, 1, 0).

Then select "use a formula" for summary rows.

Then you could display a graphical indicator.

Finally add this field to a project view (existing or new one).

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:55 PM
  • You can create one Custom field in task level in which you can write formula and assign Indicator as per formula . Once task % complete would be 100% it will show in indicator in specific color.

You need to modify the formula as per need.

i.e.

IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"Status Date Not Set",IIf([Summary]=Yes,0,IIf([% Complete]=100,0,IIf(([Finish]<=[Status Date] And [% Complete]<100),"Task should have completed",IIf(([Start]<=[Status Date] And [% Complete]=0),"Task should have started",IIf(([Finish]>[Status Date] And [% Complete]>0),"Task in progress",IIf([Start]>[Status Date],0,0)))))))

The graphical indicators are set where test equals:

Status Date Not Set = Question Mark

Task in progress = Green Ball

Task should have started = Blue Ball

Task should have completed = Red Ball

Link will guide you how to create formula based custom field with indicator.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tech-decision-maker/add-the-late-indicator-tool-in-microsoft-project-2007/3616/#

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee767700(v=office.14).aspx

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by marty_beets Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:22 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:58 PM
  • Thank you both! That was exactly what I needed to get me on track. It makes perfect sense, I just needed to see it!
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:23 PM