Web Part Error: This page has exceeded its data fetch limit for connected Web Parts." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I have a display form with two custom list forms and both are connected to each other and they display the results according to the filter. But when ever I sort on any field, it gives the following error:

Web Part Error:  This page has exceeded its data fetch limit for connected Web Parts. Try disconnecting one or more Web Parts to correct the problem.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks
    SP

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:57 AM Error text addd to Title
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:58 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, May 21, 2010 6:28 PM

Answers

• After some research it looks like a bug, but I have got rid of that error simply convert the web part to XSLT and BOOM, it works great.
    • Marked as answer by moss_sp Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I can’t  reproduce your issue based your post.

If possible  let me know the detailed information about your case.

Additionally, What’s the version of SharePoint and what’s site template and list template are you using?

Here is a similar issue in http://www.equisys.com/technotes/ztn4017.htm

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Stanfford

Monday, May 24, 2010 9:22 AM
  • Currently I am working on the following scenario and it's MOSS 2007 Enterprise Edition:

1)      Under View All Site Content—Create --Project Tasks   under Tracking

2)        -same-                                                                 IssueTracking

There is calculated column called projects created in IssueTracking and it gets column information from “Title” Filed in Project Tasks.

Now, For Project Tasks whenever you click on any Project Tasks Item, it takes you to DispForm.aspx page, the user wants to see corresponding IssueTracking Items in that Disp Form page. I have achieved this by going to SPDesigner Dispform.aspx page and deleting the exisitng projects tasks and Inserted custom list form and selected Project  Tasks and then did drag and drop for Issue Tracking. Now I have connected project tasks with IssueTracking. So whenever I click on Project Tasks Item I see corresponding Issues on the DispForm page of Project Taks. But whenever I Sort on Issue Tracking fields I get the following message.

Web Part Error:  This page has exceeded its data fetch limit for connected Web Parts. Try disconnecting one or more Web Parts to correct the problem.

Monday, May 24, 2010 2:21 PM
  • After some research it looks like a bug, but I have got rid of that error simply convert the web part to XSLT and BOOM, it works great.
    • Marked as answer by moss_sp Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:23 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:57 AM