none
VS2017 Install parts, C# RRS feed

• Question

• When I installed VS2017 Pro, I didn't install the Office modules, but now I need them. How do I add them?

Jon Jacobs, There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don't

Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:10 PM

Answers

• One of the ways is: start Control Panel (go to Search or press <Win+S>, type “Control Panel”), go to “Programs”, “Uninstall a program”, select Visual Studio 2017 and press “Change”.

Or start again the Visual Studio installer.

• Marked as answer by Jon Q Jacobs Monday, February 11, 2019 2:52 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 6:15 AM

All replies

• One of the ways is: start Control Panel (go to Search or press <Win+S>, type “Control Panel”), go to “Programs”, “Uninstall a program”, select Visual Studio 2017 and press “Change”.

Or start again the Visual Studio installer.

• Marked as answer by Jon Q Jacobs Monday, February 11, 2019 2:52 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 6:15 AM
  • Hi Jon,

Welcome to the MSDN and so glad to hear that your issue is solved.

Like Viorel recommended, we have some ways to open the VS installer and install the required workloads or individual components, if you want to install the Office modules, we can choose the following workloads to install:

Meanwhile, we can also have a look at this to choose the appropriate workloads or individual components to install.

If you have any other VS IDE issues, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:29 AM