how to use service bus between asp.net web role and local machine c# coding? RRS feed

• Question

• i try to implement a c# program which will take some backup file and store it to cloud. I have to control the local program from the web role(asp.net). The backup files should be transfer to worker role(c #). I plan to use Service bus with REST api. But i dont have clear idea about how to make a connection between worker role or web role and my local machine coding. is there any sample program for that?
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:40 PM

Answers

• Nirmal,

I suggest you download the Windows Azure Training Kit as it contains several examples and labs on how to do what you are needing (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=413E88F8-5966-4A83-B309-53B7B77EDF78&displaylang=en).  I will add, the basic idea is that you will create a .NET Service Bus endpoint that your worker role can connect to.  Once the connection is established your web app can route traffic through the .NET Service Bus.  Of course there are many other variation, but this is the basic idea.  As an example I have a WCF service that is sitting on a server onpremise.  The WCF service connects to the .NET Service Bus.  My web application (web role) connects to the same endpoint as my wcf service and is able to route traffic through the .net Service bus.  Works like a charm :)

Thanks,

Apollo

• Marked as answer by Mog Liang Thursday, March 3, 2011 10:12 AM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:58 PM