When do I know if a javascript library I’ve used will fail? RRS feed

• Question

• In my app I am using a number of javascript libraries in my Windows store app. (indlucing jquery 2.0 which I understand was modified to work with Windows store apps.)  My question is this:  How do I know when/if a particular library will fail certification?

So far I haven’t ever run into an error (compile or runtime) that says I’m doing something I’m not supposed to do in a windows store.  It’s making me nervous and making me think that perhaps I’m not testing correctly. Today I set out to do something I shouldn’t be able to do, setting the inner HTML of an element, and it seems to be not working, but not throwing an error either.

Can anyone recommend a way to ensure my app isn’t doing any no-no’s from a javascript/Windowns store app perspective?

Second can anyone recommend a way to make it fail so I can see what such a failure looks like?

Thanks for any help!

Friday, July 19, 2013 11:28 AM

All replies

• Here are some examples. ONLY the last fails.  I thought most of this was off limits?

var t = $("<div>TEST</div>");
                $("body").append(t);
                t.html('ANOTHER TEST');
                var e = t.get(0);
                e.innerHTML = "<span>should fail?</span>";
                e.innerHTML = "<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.somesite.com/bad.js'></script>";

Friday, July 19, 2013 11:44 AM