Webview Accepting Message form Webpage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Im building a windows app that uses WebView tool to access a website,

Within the web site they are Message From Webpage.

Is they a way the WebView tool can handle these requests with out getting a Debug error

“Confirm is Undefined”.

Or does the website have to have its Java Script code edited for to work?

The programing language I am using is C# I have tried palying around with ScriptNotify with no results,

Help on this matter would be much apreciated

Regards Ant

Friday, January 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Answers

• Methods such as confirm and alert which create a new window are not supported in the WebView. If this is a specific web site that you can add to your ApplicationContentUriRules then you can modify it to call window.external.notify and then raise a Xaml confirmation dialog from C# in response to the ScriptNotify event.
    Saturday, January 25, 2014 3:56 PM

All replies

• Methods such as confirm and alert which create a new window are not supported in the WebView. If this is a specific web site that you can add to your ApplicationContentUriRules then you can modify it to call window.external.notify and then raise a Xaml confirmation dialog from C# in response to the ScriptNotify event.
    Saturday, January 25, 2014 3:56 PM
  • Hi Rob

Thank you for your reply, would you be able to help me with the code, as am new to windows appsAm I correct in thinking, if I follow the process above then they is no need to edit any code on the webpage,

I have added the web address to the Application Content UriRules in the Package.appxmanifest.

I am now lost to as what is needed to be done now.

Hope you can help would really appreciate it.

Regards

Anthony

Friday, February 7, 2014 9:06 AM