Using the Tab control in SketchFlow RRS feed

• Question

• I a newbe to the whole Expression Blend and SketchFlow deal, but I have to say that I am very impressed. I seem to be having a problem understanding how to get the tab control to work correctly in SketchFlow. Can some please explain the steps required to use the tab control with 2 tabs and 1 textblock on the contents on the selected tab ? I put the tab control on the page and set the tab text, but I cant seem to figure out how to setup the contents of each tab.

Thanks for the help
    Friday, August 28, 2009 7:59 PM

All replies

• Sure. The object tree is key to using the TabControl

You can right click on the TabControl itself to add additional TabItems. The TabItems themselves can be selected on the design surface or on the object tree.

To add content into a TabItem, just expand the TabItem in the object tree, and select the Grid. Now you can draw into the Grid, just like you would do elsewhere (we automatically select the TabItem that corresponds to the Grid so you can see what you are draing).

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply Unni. That did it.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 8:21 PM
  • Thank you Unni,

That still doesn't tell us how to change the name of each Table Item. I did this by creating a data collection property to the Data tab and added a Simple Property to that data collection property for each tab item I wanted to add. Then I added one row of text with the name of each tab in the simple property and bound the tab header to that property.

I'm not able to simply double-click on the tab item and change its name, which is what I was intuitively expecting.

I hope this feature improves.

The product so far has been great!

Thanks,

-Umar.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:50 PM