none
Windows 2008 Hyperv blocking traffic from Random Clients to Host and Guests RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Guys,

Hope someone has some idea for this fault.

I have a windows 2008 Hyperv Sp2 server that has a few guest machines including a DC.

The issue is that this server randomly blocks all traffic to the host and guest from random desktop. These desktop can be windows XP or Win 7 or Win 2008. When they are block there looks to be no traffic flow. EG Ping and SMB folder shares are blocked.

A reboot of the Hyperv looks to enable fix the problem for a short term.

I have the firewall turned off and Kaspersky has been installed.

There does not seem to be any events in event logs to indicated where the error might be located.

Thanks in Advance

Craig

Craig

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:15 AM

All replies

• A passing thought; check your power settings.

You might also check your switch to see if there is something going on and the switch port is getting disabled.....

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:26 PM
  • HI Mathew,

Although are good suggestion I might not have made myself clear. Individual computers are being blocked while the majority of computers have no issue. So its not a Switch or Physical server issue.

Craig

Craig

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Ok. So the access issues are random.

Is this an old setup?

A passing thought would be the old half open tcp connections limit Microsoft imposed.  SP2 was supposed to eliminate it.   Might not hurt to check it.   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969710

Another idea?  Are the clocks and timezones right?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:45 AM
  • Hi Mathew,

I believe I have found the solution. Over the weekend I uninstall AV (Kaspersky) and Acronis. Rebooted and the problem has not come back yet.

Not sure why this is the problem as it was only effecting random computers and is the same setup for two other system. (Although Acronis was not install on them.).

Thanks for your suggestion.

Craig

Craig

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:33 AM