Text color of the tile notification

Question

• Hello,

I am working on Tile notification and its working perfectly fine. but the concern is the text message that is being displayed on the tile is not visible as the app icon background is white color. Can anyone help me with changing the text color of the message as I cannot change my app icon!

I did tried changing the fore color for the text property but it does not make any difference.

<br />
        Enter Front Title:<br />
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBoxTitle" runat="server" ForeColor="Black" CssClass="highlight"></asp:TextBox>

.highlight
    {
      color:Black;
      font-weight:bold;
    }

Here is the code where in am passing my text:

string tileMessage = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" +
                    "<wp:Notification xmlns:wp=\"WPNotification\">" +
                        "<wp:Tile>" +
                          //"<wp:BackgroundImage>" + TextBoxBackgroundImage.Text + "</wp:BackgroundImage>" +
                          "<wp:Count>" + TextBoxCount.Text + "</wp:Count>" +
                          "<wp:Title>" + TextBoxTitle.Text + "</wp:Title>" +                     
                       "</wp:Tile> " +
                    "</wp:Notification>";

// Sets the notification payload to send.              
                    byte[] notificationMessage = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(tileMessage);

Thanks In Advance!

Regards,

Subiya

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:52 AM

Answers

• I can't find any properties/settings which affect the text color. I also don't see any images of tiles where text is any color other than white, other than pure image tiles. I think you're out of luck.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:32 PM

All replies

• I can't find any properties/settings which affect the text color. I also don't see any images of tiles where text is any color other than white, other than pure image tiles. I think you're out of luck.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:32 PM
  •  Thanks for your response Matt..!

will look for some other alternative like changing the app icon background.

Regards,

Subiya.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 6:58 AM