none
Kinect studio cannot record video RRS feed

• Question

• So I open the Kinect Studio as usal. Click the connect button and click record.

Everything looks fine until I click the stop button. I also noticed that the size and the buffer remained unchanged no matter how long the video took.

It says "

06/25/15 15:36:40.3692:  Cannot open file "C:\Users\Serena\Documents\Kinect Studio\Repository\20150625_203636_00.xef".
    Check the file name and access, and try again.
    06/25/15 15:36:40.3702:  Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. "

I check the file. Its size is 0.

I can normally recorded video just a few seconds ago. So I delete all the xef file and reopen the kinect studio. Somehow I still cannot record the video.

Can someone explain that?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Serena6 Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:39 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Serena,

Were you able to visualize the Kinect streams in the Monitor tab after pressing the 'Connect' button? Sometimes the application will get stuck and fail to shut-down properly. When this happens, it might try to connect to the service to retrieve streams from the sensor. In Task Manager, you'll want to verify that KinectService.exe and KStudioHostService.exe are still running. Reboot your machine to get everything into a good state, and then try to record again.

Recording can also fail if you don't have enough memory or disc space to write to, so double-check that your drive has plenty of space. If not, you can change your default drive in the File > Settings > Recording File Path.

~Angela

Thursday, June 25, 2015 11:41 PM