Error: The deployment identity is not the same as the original deployment identity RRS feed

• Question

• What is this error?

Thanks,
    Lorenzo

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
     Windows    : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
     Common Language Runtime  : 2.0.50727.42
     System.Deployment.dll   : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     mscorwks.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfdll.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfshim.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
     Deployment url   : http://172.16.19.33/Prisma/Prueba1.application
          Server  : Microsoft-IIS/5.1
          X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
     Deployment Provider url  : http://lnsistemas-08/Prisma/Prueba1.application
          Server  : Microsoft-IIS/5.1
          X-Powered-By : ASP.NET

ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * Activation of http://172.16.19.33/Prisma/Prueba1.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + The deployment identity at the deployment provider is not the same as the original deployment identity.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
     No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
     There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
     * [10/6/2006 3:13:17 PM] : Activation of http://172.16.19.33/Prisma/Prueba1.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
     Following errors were detected during this operation.
     * [10/6/2006 3:13:28 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (SubscriptionSemanticValidation)
      - The deployment identity at the deployment provider is not the same as the original deployment identity.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
       at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
     No transaction information is available.

Friday, October 6, 2006 10:07 PM

Answers

• I think the problem is that the URL specified when you published does not match the URL now in the manifest.

How did you publish it and did you change any of the files after you published it, did you move any of the files manually, did you change anything at all about the publish package? =

RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev
    • Marked as answer by RobinDotNet Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:36 AM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:10 PM

All replies

• The manifest in http://lnsistemas-08/Prisma/Prueba1.application has a different <assemblyIdentity> value compare to the manifest in http://172.16.19.33/Prisma/Prueba1.application. They needs to be same. Update one of the manifests.
    Friday, October 6, 2006 10:50 PM
  • Pls show me how to update. I need to know the location for each file.

Thanks!
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:25 AM
  • Pls show me how to update. I need to know the location for each file.

Thanks!

Has anyone got the final solution to the problem here coz i am also sitting with the same problem.
    Thanks.
    Coffee is what makes civilised life Possible
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:57 AM
  • It means something has changed in the deployment and it doesn't match the manifest. I am assuming if you increment the version and redeploy, it does not fix your problem?

I would check my references and make sure (a) I don't have any circular references, and (b) I don't have references that I've updated the files for w/o updating them in the project, like if you copied a dll over and replaced it on disk w/o re-setting the reference in Visual Studio.

If you don't find anything, try creating a brand new solution, and then adding the files to it and re-setting up the references, and see if that helps.

RobinDotNet
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:58 PM
  • If the local copy was installed from another source, you may be able to resolve this by simply uninstalling the local copy and then reinstall from the deployment server.
    Friday, April 2, 2010 8:12 PM
  • I think the problem is that the URL specified when you published does not match the URL now in the manifest.

How did you publish it and did you change any of the files after you published it, did you move any of the files manually, did you change anything at all about the publish package? =

RobinDotNet

Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev
    • Marked as answer by RobinDotNet Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:36 AM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:10 PM
  • I have the same error message. I changed the URL from www.companyname.com to software.companyname.com and create new certificate. What should be the solution for this problem? I really need to change the URL. ist actually the same physical server but have to change the server name.

ASL

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:16 PM
  • I am facing the same issue with "The deployment identity at the deployment provider is not the same as the original deployment identity"

and I tried to check All the hash algorithm and found certificate which  I am using for signing the assemblies are using sha1RSA and assemblies in the Manifest are using sha256RSA algorithm.

Will that make any difference?

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:55 PM