Access from a public site RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have SharePoint 2007 setup and running - works great internally.  I have a sub-domain setup on my.com name to point to my sharepoint and someone can goto sharepoint.company.com and that works (even though I use integrated authentication and they must type the domain\username + pwd). 

My question is - how can I make the main front website accessible by anyone w/out having to use a username/pwd - but NOT granting them access to the different sites I have under my main page/site, whereasif they want to enter another site, then they would need to input their credentials.  Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:30 AM

Answers

• I beleive you want to use the Extend Web Application option from Application Management in Central Admin.  This will allow you to support anonymous access and then on your sites you can determine what users have rights to the site (including the anonymous user).

Here is a technet article on using the Create or Extend Web Application option: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc287954.aspx

• Marked as answer by Steve02a Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:21 PM