none
Report pagination and headers/footers (fields aren't showing up) RRS feed

• Question

• We have some localmode reports with felds displayed in the headers/footers.

I've noted that when reports paginate (have more than one page), the fields are correctly populated and displayed on the first page only, and are blank on following pages.

Any thoughts on what would cause this or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
    Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:12 PM

All replies

• YOu might have placed your fields on Report header try to place fields on page header/detail section.

Friday, August 17, 2007 4:41 AM
  • Perhaps I wasn't clear enough or am not understanding you correctly...

We *want* the header/footer to display per page, though per your sugggestion they might be in the wrong place.

However, the issue is that the headers/footers are *broken*... The images display as the broken image icon and there's no text in the text fields. All such fields display correctly on the first page. They are broken (do not display correctly) on all other pages, although the static content (lines, textboxes used as labels, etc) *do* render correctly.

Since the rv does not know my intent and cannot read my mind, I'd assume that if the header/footer content were in the "wrong" place one or more of the following would occur:

- The rv would generate some kind of diagnostic

- The rv would not even place the header/footer on every page in the first place (assuming it were in the specified in the wrong portion of the report in the designer)

- Or it would render them correctly if it rendered them at all.

I guess what it boils down to is that the rv rather clearly is attempting to render the header/footer on every page (which was our intent in the first place), it's just that the rendering is broken. It looks to me as if the rv is either clearing the dataset, using a seperate dataset, or expects the data to be refreshed.

Friday, August 17, 2007 2:39 PM
  • Has anyone found solution to the problem? Same thing happens to me too.

I can't print my header with dataset data on first page,it just prints static data like labels and prints data only on the last page.(same as in print layout).

One more thing: How can you force page breaks in a table? like I want it to go on next page when there are 8 rows.

Currently, if I have 17 rows, I get long vertical scroll bar on the control and it displays only on one page, but when I do either print or page layout, it goes up to 3 pages.

This is not WYSIWYG.

thanks
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:18 PM