SSRS records export to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• User-1446620466 posted

Hi,

My database has more than 3Lacs of records,

On SSRS report, when i choose an option to export all the records to Excel document(by default 65000 records per sheet), i get the below error.,

Server Error in '/' Application.

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request.
     Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using
     the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine,
     or enable remote errors] [Exception: An error occurred during rendering of the report.] Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url,
     Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +589 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format,
     String deviceInfo,
     NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType,
     String& fileNameExtension) +940 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(String format, String deviceInfo,
     NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType,
     String& fileNameExtension) +28 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(String format, String deviceInfo,
     NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +88 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReportControlSource.RenderReport(String format,
     String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, String& mimeType,
     String& fileExtension) +123 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection
     urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +143 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +985 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +406 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3634; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3634

I tried to enable remote errors in web.config file as below

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" >
        </customErrors>

However, i have no idea how to navigate to report server on local server machine. Hence, i just made the above enabling remote error change in the web.config file and I have run the application expecting that the error details would be precise and eloborate which could help me trace or fix the issue. But, even though i enabled the remote errors, i still get the same error message(the above screen shot).

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors.

My requirement is to show custome error message to the users when there are more than 65000 records that are being exported to excel.

( I have no idea where to impose that condition ... if rows > 6500 then show error message)

Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd is the one i found when i click on 'Export' button.

Is that file editable?

if yes,

how to edit ? Can i write that condition in it?

if no,

what could be done to set the limit and show custom message to users if records > 65000

Can somebody please help in solving this.

Thank you In advance,

lxpk.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 3:38 AM

All replies

• User-1446620466 posted

I solved problem by myself. Someone deleted by last reply. well I found this forums are no more useful, when there is hardly anyone to respond to the post.

Friday, June 7, 2013 9:09 AM