none
System error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am working on an application with VS 2013 and VB.NET 2012, Version 4.5.

I now and then get the following error message: System Error &80070002&.

In previous cases the error disappeared after Cleaning, Saving, Closing and Restarting the application, but now this doesn't work anymore. The additional information is: "Unable to open module file 'C:\Users\Gerrit\AppData\Local\Temp\.NetFramework, Version 4.5.AssemblyAttributes.vb".

Can someone please give me a hint how to solve this problem.

Many thanks.

Friday, November 6, 2015 11:50 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply, pvdg42.

When looking for the file ".NetFramework, Version 4.5.AssemblyAttributes.vb" it was not at the expected place, but after a Clean and Build the file was there again and the error was gone.

So, it does seem to have some relation with VS. Hope this will work in future.

So, at least for the moment, the problem is solved.

• Marked as answer by GerritV2 Friday, November 6, 2015 4:39 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 4:39 PM

All replies

• I believe your issue is with system files, and not related to .NET Framework setup.

For possible fixes to "System Error &80070002&" please read here:

http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=80070002

Friday, November 6, 2015 4:06 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, pvdg42.

When looking for the file ".NetFramework, Version 4.5.AssemblyAttributes.vb" it was not at the expected place, but after a Clean and Build the file was there again and the error was gone.

So, it does seem to have some relation with VS. Hope this will work in future.

So, at least for the moment, the problem is solved.

• Marked as answer by GerritV2 Friday, November 6, 2015 4:39 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 4:39 PM