none
I need help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone I have  been looking at the forums for programs to alpha and beta test and I figured out I want to make an installed rather than share the small basic code is there any way to do that and if so what is the name of that action.

Thanks in advance!

CodingLikeCrazy

Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you meant an installer, you could use either the installer included in some Visual Studio versions, or you could use an install creator such as Inno.
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:20 AM
  • any names of the visual studio installer? because I have visual studio 2010 ultimate.
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:16 PM
  • To make a Visual Studio Installer, look under New Project | Other Project Types | Setup and Deployment | InstallShield LE and create the project to download the InstallShield LE for Visual Studio, which will give you robust installer capabilities, like registry settings, customized shortcuts, and the like.
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:32 PM
    Answerer
  • I am looking to make a small basic installer so that I don't have to give out my source code. Sort of like any program out in the market. Like Microsoft doesn't give their source code even if you purchase or download a windows product. Just like that how would I do the same for small basic.
    Monday, April 23, 2012 12:17 AM
  • Timo made an installer in Small Basic here: http://timosbprograms.blogspot.de/p/programs.html

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, October 15, 2012 5:00 AM
    Owner