UITest Error: System.Exception : The running adb server is incompatible with the Android SDK RRS feed

• Question

• User341975 posted

I'm conducting a Xamarin.UITest and it keeps failing. I'm getting the following error message.

Message: SetUp : System.Exception : The running adb server is incompatible with the Android SDK version in use by UITest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk

You probably have multiple installations of the Android SDK and should update them or ensure that your IDE, simulator and shell all use the same instance. The ANDROID_HOME environment variable can effect this.

I have downgraded my Android SDK Platform-Tools to version 25.0.3 as instructed by this site but to no avail

https://theconfuzedsourcecode.wordpress.com/2018/10/28/getting-your-xamarin-uitests-to-actually-work-not-thanks-to-xamarin-docs/

Any Insights as to how to ensure the test passes?

This is my AppInitializer class.

public class AppInitializer
                            {
                                public static IApp StartApp(Platform platform)
                                {
                                    if (platform == Platform.Android)
                                    {

return ConfigureApp.Android.ApkFile(@"C:\Develop\MyApp\Mobile Apps\Android\7262019                                                      \com.companyname.AppDemo.apk")
                                            .DeviceSerial("98891a3631475a4d5a")
                                            .StartApp(AppDataMode.Clear);
                                       }

return ConfigureApp.iOS.StartApp();
                        }
                    }

Sunday, July 28, 2019 7:02 PM

Answers

• User341975 posted

Solved it following the steps from this site. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52254881/cannot-run-xamarin-ui-test-on-xamarin-forms-error-system-exception

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:14 PM