none
Microsoft.Office.Interop on a build agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to use Microsoft.Office.Interop in a project, which I understand comes from the GAC and my office install on the local machine. Obviously my build server doesn't have office installed, and I don't/can't necessarily get the licenses cleared to do that - is there some set of free 'office libraries' i can install to do this? It does seem like overkill to put a full version of office on a build server

Many thanks,

HC

• Moved by John Qiao Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:46 AM (From:Team Foundation Server - Build Automation)
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:57 AM

Answers

• You'll want to install the Office Primary Interop Assemblies redistributable. This is the download for Office 2010; previous versions have links in the "Related Downloads" section at the bottom of the page.
    DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    My Blog

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.
    • Marked as answer by HC86 Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:15 PM

All replies

• You'll want to install the Office Primary Interop Assemblies redistributable. This is the download for Office 2010; previous versions have links in the "Related Downloads" section at the bottom of the page.
    DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    My Blog

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.
    • Marked as answer by HC86 Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:15 PM
  • Hi HC,

Thanks for your post.

For this issue, I think it’s related to Office, so I moved this post to Office forum for the better response. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:40 AM