Navigate Forward in Sketchflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to do something simple in Sketchflow but do not seem to have any luck with it. All I am trying to do is move from one screen to the next using the 'Navigate to -> Forward' option. I have 2 screens and when I click the button on screen 1 I want to move to screen 2. The button has a NavigateForwardAction set via right click (Navigate to -> Forward). When I run the project, clicking the button will not advance it forward. The sketchflow map looks OK. I noticed if I change it to Navigate->Screen2 it will work. Can someone explain why it works with use of screen name instead of 'forward' and is there a way to do it using 'Forward' ?

Thanks
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:19 PM

Answers

• Forward and back are used like your web browser's forward and back buttons.  Unless you have navigated someplace, and pressed back, there is no forward to go to.

For that reason, you should use the targeted navigation behavior that targets a screen name to accomplish what you want.

Is there a scenario I can help you with that requires something else?

Hope that makes sense.
    • Proposed as answer by Chuck HaysModerator Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by labraham Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:14 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:50 PM