How to add an existing Style Sheet RRS feed

• Question

• User1622592694 posted

I am converting a PHP application to ASP.NET and there is an existing CSS file.  Do I manually need to add the Style Sheet to the web page?

When I create a new web page, I do not see any reference to a Style Sheet property in the list of properties for the Document yet the video, "06 - Working with Style Sheets and Master Pages_csharp.wmv" shows the presenter adding (selecting) a style sheet to the Style Sheet Document.Style Sheet property.

What am I missing here?

Thank you...

Todd

Sunday, October 18, 2009 5:25 PM

Answers

• User-2119480821 posted
    Yes, you need to add the .css files into your project folder. Later simply using a link tag under head section you can link it to a web page. Refer,

http://www.beansoftware.com/asp.net-tutorials/css-asp.net.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:17 PM

All replies

• User-2119480821 posted
    Yes, you need to add the .css files into your project folder. Later simply using a link tag under head section you can link it to a web page. Refer,

http://www.beansoftware.com/asp.net-tutorials/css-asp.net.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:17 PM
  • User131554499 posted

Do you mean the stylesheets property in javascript?

Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:05 PM
  • User1622592694 posted

Being new to ASP.NET (benn using PHP for 10 years), I am finding inconsistencies between what I am seeing wiht my recently installed Visual Web Developer Express Edition and what is demonstrated in the MS video tutorials e.g. 06 - Working with Style Sheets and Master Pages_csharp.wmv) and my book, "Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008".

My OS is XP (SP 3) with the ASP.NET set for Framework 2.0.

I believe the tutorial was done with a beta version, so that may be why the inconsistency; manually adding it DOES agree with the book.

Thank you so much for the prompt replay!

Todd

Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:26 PM