Web Farm Framework 2.0 - Failed to run operation 'RunRemote' RRS feed

• Question

• User629731917 posted

Hello,

we have install a Webfarm with a Load-Balancer Server (Windows 2008 R2) and two WebServers (Windows 2008 R2).
    On the Load-Balance Sever we have installed the Web Farm Framework 2.0 and add those Webservers as Primary and Secondary Server.

On both Web Servers the Firewall ist disabled and the Service "Web Farm Agent" and the "Web Deployment Agent Service" are running.

When we try to synchronize on the Webfarm Controller from the Primary to the Secondary Server we get the following Error.

Failed to run method 'Microsoft.Web.Farm.SyncApplicationRemoteMethod' on server ... Exception in response stream. Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

Failed to run operation 'RunRemote' method 'Microsoft.Web.Farm.SyncApplicationRemoteMethod' on server ... Exception in response stream. Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

Failed to run operation 'ProvisioApplications' method 'Microsoft.Web.Farm.SyncApplicationRemoteMethod' on server ... Exception in response stream. Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

Failed to run operation 'Repair' method 'Microsoft.Web.Farm.SyncApplicationRemoteMethod' on server ... Exception in response stream. Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

After this errors the State "Ready For Load Balancing" ist set to No.

Can anybody help me with this problem.

Ronny

Thursday, August 26, 2010 10:12 AM

All replies

• User1294390552 posted

Same problem here.....

Martijn

Friday, September 3, 2010 6:02 AM
  • User-834119894 posted
    Any luck with this issue?
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:18 PM
  • User-1072924244 posted

How did you get the Agent to work without Windows Firewall running?  We just set up a an open ended port rule because with the Windows Firewall disabled we kept getting an endpoint error from the WebFarmAgent service.  That being said have you tried turning Windows Firewall on?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:16 PM
  • User1294390552 posted

Mine is solved.

Made a mistake of making the control server part of the farm.

This is the config which works for me:

- All servers in a domain (Domain Admin as user for the farm)
    - Firewall on, with rules on domain adapter
    - Install the primary server with Web PI
    - Make Farm
    - Reboot All servers (including CS server)
    - Repair Farm

1 - Requirements
    2 - Setting up a Server Farm

Friday, September 24, 2010 4:12 AM
  • User1624460637 posted

see my solution in this post -

http://forums.iis.net/t/1172547.aspx

including the controller in the farm initially let the provisioning run successfully , the I promoted one of the secondary servers to primary and removed the controller from the farm - leaving a working farm behind  

Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:54 AM